The Bobst Center for Peace and Justice at Princeton University and the Social Science Experimental Laboratory (SSEL) at New York University Abu Dhabi are pleased to announce the Winter Experimental Social Sciences Institute (WESSI) Workshop at New York University Florence Italy, to be held September 15-16, 2017. This workshop is organized by Rebecca Morton (NYU NYC and AD) and Amaney Jamal (Princeton University).
WESSI Workshops aim to give 6-7 social science PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior Assistant Professors in experimental social science the opportunity to present their research designs and work in progress and receive personal feedback from noted scholars in the field. Each also enables students to attend presentations by these mentors, and learn from their research experience. Each mentor presents their own research and each student receives feedback from two mentors. Junior scholars who are planning or in the process of doing research in the Middle East region, broadly defined, or who were participants at previous WESSI workshops are especially being encouraged to apply, but the event is open to applications from scholars working in other regions and new to WESSI as well.
Confirmed mentors at NYU Florence who will be presenting and giving feedback to junior scholars on their research are:
- Claire Adida, University of California, San Diego, see http://claire.adida.net/
- Michele Belot, European Union Institute and University of Edinburgh, see https://sites.google.com/site/mvkbelot/
- Daniel Chen, Toulouse School of Economics, see http://nber.org/~dlchen/
- Amaney Jamal, Princeton, see http://www.amaneyjamal.com/
- Dorothea Kübler, Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), https://www.wzb.eu/en/persons/dorothea-kuebler
- Rebecca Morton, NYU NYC and AD, see http://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/academics/faculty/rebecca-morton.html
- Arthur Schram, European Union Institute and University of Amsterdam, see http://www.uva.nl/en/about-the-uva/organisation/staff-members/content/s/c/a.j.h.c.schram/a.j.h.c.schram.html
Another WESSI Workshop is being organized to be held at NYU Abu Dhabi on January 17-19, 2018. For either Workshop questions or more information, please email email@example.com.